M&A Services Group
The global M&A market
While matching the volume of M&A activity seen in 2015 was always going to be a tall order, 2016 has been a quieter year at the top end of the market with far fewer "mega deals". However, mid-market M&A, the section of the market where Alliott Group members specialize, held up well in 2016.
Many different factors are at play in creating general market uncertainty - Brexit, the Trump presidency, the anti-tax avoidance BEPS program initiated by the OECD and G20, and and U.S. anti-inversion legislation and earnings-strippings rules. An environment has been created in which a transaction that once appeared to be a sure winner has to be re-examined more closely.
There are still some excellent opportunities out there for astute international investors in many different industry sectors, but technology, which has seen exponential growth both nationally and globally in recent years, could become the most prominent market for deals.
We see reasons to be positive in 2017 - our advice is to ensure that you get good advice when considering acquisition and divestment, and of course fund raising. With a global team in place, we are at your service to meet your diverse needs in 70+ countries worldwide.
Industry sector expertise
- Science & life science
- Retail & wholesale
- Hospitality / Food & drink
- Manufacturing & engineering
- Construction & real estate
- Energy & natural resources
- Consumer products
- Financial services & insurance
- Professional services
- Transport & logistics
Areas of expertise
- Business acquisitions and sales
- Partial disposals
- Management buy-outs (MBO, VIMBO, BIMBO, MBI, FAMBO, Succession Buy-out)
- Share placements
- Fundraising (equity and debt)
We specialise in serving private but also publicly listed companies.
Support in raising finance
We offer support in all aspects of fundraising, including:
- Cash & self-funded transactions
- Regional development funds & grants
- Private investment (VC, private equity, fund management, private investors)
- Share placements
- Bank finance.
Advisory and transaction support services
We can also advise in the following area:
- Strategic reviews
- Consulting on growth or sale preparation
- Identification of suitable buyers
- Identification of potential acquisition targets
- Financial due diligency
- Tax structuring.
Alliott Group thought leadership articles in the media
Members of Alliott Group's Corporate Finance / M&A Group regularly contribute to and comment on the dynamic global M&A landscape. View a selection of articles below including news of recent deals.
- 2016 Global M&A Round Table (Corporate Livewire magazine)
- London lawyers advise software company on sale to NYSE listed PGi Inc.
- UK law member completes three M&A transactions totaling £32M on same day
An international team of corporate M&A experts is ready to serve your needsDownload international teamsheet
Alternatively, contact Giles Brake at Alliott Group for assistance in reaching a corporate finance / M&A expert who can help your business.