Forming a subsidiary in the US
New Jersey accountants SobelCo explain the key steps a foreign company needs to consider when setting up a subsidiary in the United States.
SobelCo LLC, Alliott Group's accounting member firm in New Jersey (previously 'Weber Shapiro'), provide a short overview of the key steps a foreign business needs to take to establish a subsidiary in the United States.
- Establish a U.S. subsidiary in Delaware (C-Corp, tax blocker) with registration, ID numbers and filing fees
- Draft by-laws/resolutions/appoint officers and directors and issue shares
- Obtain a registered agent in Delaware
- Open US bank accounts and obtain general insurance as needed
- File the annual Federal and State Income Tax Returns for the corporation
- Prepare all necessary documentation to hire employees
- Arrange for ongoing payroll management and bookkeeping services as needed
- Seek assistance with a transfer pricing services agreement.
Get professional strategic support in forming your US subsidiary
For help and advice on setting up a US subsidiary, contact Scott Shapiro, a CPA and partner at SobelCo LLC in New Jersey, United States.