Jamie Towers was appointed Alliott Group's Deputy Worldwide Chairman in November 2017 and is also the Chairman of the Asia Pacific regional membership. Furthermore, Jamie is a key member of the association's International Tax Services Group and serves on the group's Leadership Team.
As a partner at Hanrick Curran, Jamie leads the firm's Tax Consulting practice and the Asian Business Services Division, which has a focus on assisting international clients to establish business in Australia and allows them to concentrate on expanding their business, knowing the compliance requirements are being looked after.
He has been providing taxation advice to a diverse range of clients in the Brisbane and Sydney marketplace from family businesses to listed corporates since 1995.
Jamie's background includes Senior Managerial roles with one of Australia's leading accounting firms which allowed him to develop his expertise in taxation for both Australian and international clients. Jamie works closely with Hanrick Curran's clients to simplify taxation obligations and to create tax effective structures and solutions for businesses and their owners.
He works closely with corporate and family groups to help achieve their asset protection, wealth creation and inter-generational goals. In addition, Jamie consults to accountants and other finance professionals to assist them with tax training or to provide up to date tax advice to their clients.
Jamie regularly presents on taxation topics for various professional bodies including the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia and the Taxation Institute of Australia. In addition to specialising in taxation consulting, Jamie also provides general business and accounting advice to clients in a variety of industries.
Jamie's areas of expertise consist of income tax planning and restructuring, tax reform, capital gains tax, goods and services tax, fringe benefits tax and business tax risk review and profiling.
Jamie's qualifications and professional memberships include: a Bachelor of Business (Accounting), Queensland University of Technology; a Masters of Taxation, University of Sydney; a Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand; and a Fellow of Taxation Institute of Australia (Chartered Tax Advisor).
- Business tax
- International private client services
- Indirect tax & VAT
- Transfer pricing
- International tax compliance
- International tax planning
- Global mobility & expatriates
- Retail & wholesale
- Financial services
- Architecture, engineering & construction
Recent News & Resources
- Australian accountants host Shark Tank Uncensored event
- Vacancy Fee imposed on foreign owners of residential real estate in Australia to increase housing stock
- Australia's GST changes will apply to foreign importers and Australian consumers from July 2018
- Expatriates in Australia: Can Foreign Workers Benefit From a Special Tax Regime?
- Key points: The 2017/18 Australian Federal Budget
- Beware of additional duties levied for minority foreign interests
- Evolution of tax residency definition by Australian Tax Office needs to be observed by international companies
- Australia is getting ready for the Common Reporting Standard
- Australian Government tax incentives for investing in start-ups